New Destination Right Ad Panel
Things to do in Vancouver
- Well-kept secret of the Pacific Northwest!
- Go post Olympics – take advantage of the updates the city has done
- Very walkable city; very easy to get around!
- Ideal location for meetings and incentives with wide range of hotel options to fit every pocketbook!
- Conveniently located; Easy to get to from the U.S.
- Good options for meeting space and off-site venues
- Vancouver has something for everyone. Its cultural diversity is reflected in the range of restaurants, bars, pubs and nightclubs available
- Vancouver has been ranked #1 for International Association Meetings in North America three years in a row!
- Vancouver is a very cosmopolitan city! Great culture, museums, shopping, dining and entertainment!
- Great option for dual destination. Consider combining Whistler for an outstanding "town and country" program!
- Great hub to other small cities (via float plane) and islands
- Granville Island Public Market is fun experience, especially on the weekend!
The Real Deal
- Be sure to pack your passport!
- Popular side dish - Poutine – medium cut French fries with gravy and cheese curd!
Vancouver International Air-Port, B. C.
- Temperature: 18 °C
- Wind: West-Southwest, 9.3 km/h
- Pressure: 1014 hPa
- Rel. Humidity: 68 %
- Visibility: 32.2 km
- The official currency in Vancouver, British Columbia is the Canadian dollar.
- Pacific Standard Time, North America, UTC - 8 hours
- The official languages of Vancouver, British Columbia are English and French.
- 120V 60 Hz
Best Time To Travel
- Vancouver is a great year-round city!
Convention & Visitors Bureau
- The waterfront is one of Vancouver's most precious assets
- Vancouver has a spectacular natural environment of beaches, mountains and sea, clean air and water
- Vancouver has more than 200 diverse parks, including destination parks, small neighborhood parks, seawall walks and beaches
- Vancouver is a very walkable city!
- Just as in the United States, plan to tip15% to 20% in restaurants. The same holds true for taxis and other services.
We're Just Saying
DMC Dish - An interview with Joanne Burns Millar from Pacific Destination Services, British Columbia
on May 31, 2011
File under: Vancouver, British Columbia
Tip of the Day