Tweets from Last Night - 'Wonder'ful World
Traveler's Night In was all about wonders of the world last night - the good, the bad, and the breathe taking. Read on to hear where traveler's recomended seeing natural wonders, where some of the most amazing man-made wonders are, and the wonders of the world that are a bit over-rated.
Q1. Most amazing natural wonder that you’ve ever seen?
- The Grand Canyon. No contest. flyingphotog
- I love the sand castles and the ice sculptures people make. The devotion that goes into something and they don't last. raghavmodi
- the natural bridge in #VA was one of my favs growing up! http://t.co/IziPsCCo GoSaraBeth
- Most amazing natural wonder you've seen? I love this in Yorkshire http://t.co/BOE1VznA sallyshalam
Q2. Man-made creation that took your breath away?
- The Amphitheater at Hieropolis in Turkey was pretty cool. redhunttravel
- Giant Buddha on Lantau Is Kong Kong autiglobetrot
- I'll never forget seeing the CN Tower in Toronto for the first time when I was 10. I couldn't wait to go up. FrankDiCesare
- The Alhambra in Granada, Spain TinyTravelLady
- Great Wall of China - incredible sense of history & craftsmanship in the ancient stones atop misty green mountains. karencarmic
Q3. What should the criteria be for world wonders?
- Ian & I can't even agree on that.. ianandwendy
- 9 out of every 10 people must be left speechless when they see it. trevormorrow
- Free WiFi. No, really that's just my standard answer. I have no clue how to answer this one. FlyingPhotog
- If not 100% natural, 100% captivating. Not based on popularity, but sheer wonder of its architecture/creation. travlin_girl
Q4. What should be the 8th wonder of the world be? Why?
- Bay of Fundy - don't mess with those waves!!!!!! :) kittywas
- Angkor Wat #Cambodia.bc u dont rly hv 2 ask y :) http://t.co/SmrMF1Vp ianandwendy
- The world's oceans, but if I had to be more specific, the waters off Baja California peninsula
- Too many too mention but Victoria Falls should be on the list NewYorkHabitat
Q5. ‘Wonder’ from your hometown you wish the world knew about?
- all the beaches are very pretty - Catherine Hill Bay is just Beautiful! MMIMTravel
- Kingsdown Beach, wild and deserted on south-east coast and good for the odd seal spot kidstraveldeals
- Downtown Winnipeg - If everyone knew the true beauty that exists between these building and the people around them. DeltaWinnipeg
- The Rocky Mountains. They are glorious, all year round! crystalintl
- World's best food market, St. Lawrence Market in Toronto http://t.co/D6bvZowF DeltaHotelsLtd
Q6. Most over-rated world wonder? Why?
- Mount Rushmore. Overrated graffiti. davidmfrey
- Lucky for me, I have yet to be disappointed by any "wonder" I've visited. TravelProducer
- The leaning tower of Pisa! That's not a wonder; it's a shabby engineering job! GeneralTours
- Was disappointed by the Nazca Lines and Mt Nemrut. That's my fault though - I'd built them up in my head too much b4hand WorkingTravellr
Q7. Living creature that should be considered a world wonder?
- Lions, tigers and (polar) bears! amybp
- Living creature as natural wonder? Easy. Coral reefs, anywhere and everywhere. davidmfrey
- The Platypus! It totally proves that there is a higher power (that could NOT be natural) AND that it has a sense of humor! GeneralTours
- Blue Whales. I feel like they're on my list of must see things (as long as I'm at a safe distance on a boat!) ^MY FareBuzz
Q8. Least wonderful place you’ve been?
- Nicaragua-they sound a siren at midday to announce lunch-totally terrified my then younger kids. autiglobetrot
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Man that city sucked... redhunttravel
- A hutong public bathroom in Beijing. That...leaves me speechless in semi-disgust & amusement. Least wonderous place. halfofjess
- Times Square. FareBuzz
Q9. Place that you deem “Wonder”land? Why?
- A pub in Ireland, a gelateria in Italy, a cheese shop in Spain, a gin distillery anywhere. ehalvey
- I'm going to have to say 'Never Never Land' - Peter Pan was onto something there! Travelling_Ed
- work - I keep wondering about these people :) kittywas
- #NewYork's JFK Int'l Airport. Gateway to the world! After that, #Fenway Park ... GO SOX! flyingwithfish
- Tahiti - I love it there! GoApril
- San Francisco. After a year traveling RTW, coming back took my breath away ephemerratic
St. Thomas, USVI
Q10. Travel experience that makes you wonder…why? <!--[if gte mso 9]-->
- Flying in general. Why can't we just be teleported to where we want to go? amytravels
- Washington DC .... politicians make me wonder why I bother to vote:) RickGriffin
- Make lemonade- travel is too expensive to wonder why- there's got to be something good there- wherever it is, santafetraveler
- How I manage to get sick after every trip. It's like my body knows the awesomeness is over. amybp
- Disney World in August. Why would you do that to yourself? ehalvey
- Travel experience that makes you wonder…why? ” Roughing it camping. I only do "glamping" LuxeTiffany
- I wonder what's underneath d Dead Sea in Jordan n why its salty TravelingPerly