Tweets from Last Night - Vegas!
Travelers Night In went a little wild last night - the theme was fabulous Las Vegas! Lucky winners won prizes from sponsor Vegas Uncork'd, a food and wine event May 10-13 in Vegas featuring 50 chefs, 30 sommeliers and 30 events. Read on for the best Vegas has to offer from travelers who know!
Q1. Vegas is known for hotels – where is the best place to stay? Why?
- I really staying at the Luxor, but I also like Harrahs for its good value & good location theadkchick
- I love The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and Bellagio of course! sheenamartin27
- Bellagio, they have the @cirque show "O" TravelingPerly
- I love staying at the PALMS They have the best clubs, comps and staff DaviaGThaHBIC
- The @Cosmopolitan_LV is on point and offers some of the best dining and entertainment options on the Strip JohnMischief
- I say go for the obscure. I also like Red Rock, off the Strip. joanna_haugen
Venetian, Las Vegas
Q2. What surprised you the most about Las Vegas?
- I was surprised to learn that What happens in Vegas... ends up on Facebook RickGriffin
- That you can find activities for kids too... Brought my two boys there on our way to the claudiabia
- The pool parties are better than the nightclubs Grand Canyon and they had a lot of fun TipsyTraveler
- FREE Parking & FREE Drinks! It doesn't get any better than that! TravelProducer
Q3. What would you splurge on in Vegas? Any good “steals”?
- Definitely the food and a good show. At least you know you won't really lose any money on that! -MY FareBuzz
- Vegas is the cheapest place to stay in 5 star hotels... and oh... I love them! Sign up for their email offers claudiabia
- Race the #Ferraris at the Vegas Motor Speedway...100% worth the $$ TipsyTraveler
Cirque du Soliel
Q4. Best tips for food lovers in Vegas?
- Everything is a splurge there! Food, shows, shopping! But maybe I'd get a little something at the Choo store. TipsyTraveler
- My splurge: spa treatments at the fab Encore @wynnlassvegas a MUST! AbbyTegnelia
- Splurge on quality cocktails at #Vesper, Parasol Down, Downtown Cocktail Room or Herbs & Rye. Nothing beats fresh ingredients! SWSknows
- Upscale restaurants with famous chefs, and of course, nightlife! VegasUncorked
- Steal? Eiffel Tower margarita @ Paris hotel. Pretty cheap for like 3L of drink (or @ least felt like that much) + keep the "glass" FrenchTwistDC
Q4. Best tips for food lovers in Vegas?
- #vegas food tips: great deals at happy hours, which are usually from 3-6. Try Society at Encore @wynnlasvegas or Town Square. AbbyTegnelia
- Hit up the foodie events, for sure! @VegasUncorked, Restaurant Week, Second Saturday Food Trucks, etc. Dftly worth it! joanna_haugen
- Make reservations early! Your faves fill up. Or try a super expensive place for lunch - great deals and fun people watching. Danikapr
- Another dining suggestion for Vegas is to make sure you visit the Secret Pizza Place at @Cosmopolitan_LV - very cool! shipsandtrips
Q5. Who is your favorite celebrity chef or performer in Vegas? Why?
- has Elvis left the building yet? MalloryOnTravel
- ok so its not "a" performer, but I think going to Vegas = seeing a Cirque Du Soleil performance. AnjaniLadki
Q6. Most unforgettable dish or cocktail in Vegas?
- Classic sidecar at the Playboy Club (you really can't have a modern drink there!) -MY FareBuzz
- Any drink at #Minus5 is unforgettable noelleluxtrav
- I don't discriminate and love any dish from border Grill @EatAtStreet @MandalayBay @ClaraTsang
- Whatever Hunter S Thompson was taking/Fear & Loathing The_WideAngle
- One of most unforgettable dishes was a soup I had at @bflay 's Mesa Grill. Flavors! tiramisu8
- And you just can't beat Wolfgang Puck @CaesarsPalace when it comes to chefs in #Vegas. He's the original celeb chef, no? claudinni
- Foie Brûlée at Sage @AriaLV is to die for! Oxtail Benedict @CommeCaLV @Cosmopolitan_LV. TheVegasFoodie
- Any dish at Comme Ca, not to mention drinks will stick w you. Tough F&B to top. I'm salivating now just thinking about it. LAKarenLoftus
- unforgettable cocktail is our signature Ménage a Trois with Cristal Rose, Hennessy Ellipse & 150yo Grand Marnier w 23k gold flakes TrystNightclub
Q7. If you had 24 hours in Vegas, what would you do? Dinner, show, spa, nightlife?
- All of the above! Who needs sleep? FlyingPhotog
- 24 hours in #Vegas? An awesome brekkie, spa treatment, fab dinner and topped off w/ tix to "O," which I haven't seen yet. joanna_haugen
- 'try a wingsuit in the Grand Canyon, 1 minute flight, 23 hours 59 minutes getting back to the top MalloryOnTravel
- Well, I certainly wouldn't sleep, haha! See the Beatles show, shop, party, wander around, eat, FUN! No time for the spa either, lol! SaraKateTravel
- sit meal after meal with all of Vegas' top chefs and get a chance to hear about their inspiration for the dish prepared! JoeatGroupon
- 3 meals, 2 shows & make donation to the casino RickGriffin
Q8. Best place to get a bird’s eye view of the strip? Any pictures?
- I JUST blogged about this! http://t.co/07jvqwRW Also, Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay and the bar at @MO_lasvegas AbbyTegnelia
- probably the top of the stratosphere! runitbymom
- We recommend heading to Mix Lounge at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay ShermansTravel
- Stayed at the Planet Hollywood in the Empire Records room. FANTASTIC view of the Bellagio Fountains. Thomascookca
- View from Mix @MandalayBay http://t.co/j5UzxBiV teamcocktail
- I love the view of #vegas from Voodoo Rooftop Nightclub in the Rio in theadkchick
Q9. Do’s and don’ts for Vegas first-timers?
- Do meet and make new friends, don't marry them MalloryOnTravel
- Do: bring comfy shoes. Dont: mortgage your house 2trucks1week
- no matter how enticing, don't book a red eye. Hangovers plus time change = nightmare. JennCLT
- Visit area parks: red rock, valley of fire, etc. Bring your camera! Wandering_Off
- Use twitter! #vegas is incredible about tweeting! Can make reservations, get on lists, find out tips!! LolaDiMarco
- Spend a day just walking the Strip and checking out the casinos. Wear comfortable shoes. Have a glass of water for each drink. twoonholiday
- If you see a monkey, chicken or tiger in your room, vacate the premises immediately. GirlontheGoJan
Iconic Las Vegas Sign
Q10. Which Vegas restaurant are you dying to try?
- Joel Robuchon at the Mansion. I just need to hit that Mega Millions jackpot first :) riceyisnicey
- Which Vegas restaurant are you dying to try? (every buffet on & off The Strip! Possibly with @flyinhp & @SeanRoebuck) flyingwithfish
- The one with the open 8:30 reservation BridalTravelGuy
- Top restaurants I want to eat at: @MResort Buffet, Michael Mina, @sushisamba, Picasso - lots of others though! joanna_haugen
- Never been to "SAGE". I love seafood.Will try it out next time TravelingPerly
- Can't pick just one! Joel Robuchon, CUT, Comme Ca, Twist, Andre's. twoonholiday