Tweets from Last Night - Travel with Your Clan
Last night Travelers' Night In was all about Traveling with Your Clan! You know; your kids, siblings, cousins, friends that are like family...everyone that you hold near and dear. Travelers shared their best tips on traveling with kids and parents alike. Embassy Suites sponsored #TNI last night, three lucky travelers one a stay for their next vacation! Read on for all the humorous quips on traveling with family.
Q1. If your family vacation was a reality show, what would it be called? Why?
- the Fascinating Fergs b/c the strangest stuff happens to us martiferg
- Travels in OZ - we love to visit Queensland, Australia! jayhawknj
- The Nerd Herd Travora
- Where In The World Is [insert name of any given family member]? marisagreen
- Keeping Up With The Squirrdashians? Banff_Squirrel
- Desperate Denwives! Banff_Squirrel
- Or in our case: Bruntette Brigade :) RT @ZipSetRachel: A1. The Blonde Squad CityPASS
- It would be called "Wine-ing Around the World" SchlossiWines
- Last Man Standing: A Familial Fight to the Death --> FreakOutOfTown
Q2. What hotel amenities do you want MORE of from your hotel on a vacation with your family?
- towels! (and a nice variety of options for free breakfast) jonk
- Complimentary booze thetravelfool
- More space!! That's why I spread out @EmbassySuites0 thetravelmom
- Activities for kids. No necessarily day care but stuff parents can do with kids raghavmodi
- When I was a kid, continental breakfasts were the best part of hotels! Especially the kinds with Belgian waffles. TravelSquire
- Free wi-fi. Premium spa TravelingPerly
- Let's not forget a good workout facility to work off all the free food and drinks! CityPASS
Q3. Vacation/adventure you most want to take with your sibling(s)?
- i want to explore australia and new zealand (and do crazy adrenaline-y things). brother would be great companion. jonk
- We all cruise the Caribbean every January! That's out TC got started! Siblings, drinking rum, thinking up fun t-shirt designs! teamcocktail
- Spain: our roots + food & #wine ilivetotravel
- Raft the Colorado River! jayhawknj
Two of a kind...
Q4. Best tips for traveling with very little ones?
- Bring hundreds of earplugs and give them to everyone on the plane. TravelSquire
- Leave them with grandparents sand enjoy yourself! LeeAbbamonte
- Half a Valium and an Olsen twins movie. Dan_Treadway
- Babies sleep on planes more than you'd think. Take sling to carry them Breastfeed, bottle or soother takeoff-land for ears LeeAmandaJ
- Bring a nanny! HennArtOnline
- We used trips to introduce major milestones to our son..."there are no pacifiers in S. Carolina", etc... ZipSetAndrea
- Wrap up a bunch of $ store toys as gifts and every so often let them open a new one CityPASS
Q5. Favorite childhood summer vacation memory? Share a favorite vacation photo!
- Fisherman's Ward with my grandparents and first trio to Alcatraz! Been in love w/ the city ever since. slstaffo
- Learning how to row in the north of England, that was a great summer ailsapm
- The Kruger National Park was my favorite as a child - camping in a caravan and hearing the night sounds and animals around camp! ToursDeMornay
- Amazing experience at one of Japan's hot springs by the ocean http://t.co/TdGZsPcv brightroam
Q6. Favorite travel toy/gadget to keep you/kids entertained on the road?
- Anything Apple! Room_77
- No toy is more enriching than talking to your kids about all the new things they see. They'll learn lots! brightroam
- Favorite #travel toy/gadget to keep you/kids entertained on the road? (easy, easy , easy. iPad & iPod Touch. Nothing comes close) flyingwithfish
- A cheap (video)camera. Let them make their on road movie conradzoo
Q7. While on the road with your family, what are your must-haves in a hotel to get the most out of your vacation?
- good location, clean, comfortable, shuttles are a plus, breakfast a plus, a good pool for summertime. daidrglenn
- Suites with connecting rooms! TravelSquire
- Must have a breakfast to start the day off right and a pool and jacuzzi io relax in after a long day anng33610
Q8. How have things changed from family trips when you were a kid?
- many more resources making it easier such as GPS! When was a kid we opened up a big map lol slstaffo
- Honestly it was nice. Parents actually listened instead of texted or answering calls. You sang in the car together, played cards. bkstar00
- There's less traffic on my CB radio, good buddy. Banff_Squirrel
- I get to ride in the front seat kittywas
Q9. How do you conquer the "Are We There Yet?" syndrome with kids of all ages?
- Taught them to pay attention to mile markers & signs so they could answer those questions themselves. Maps are great for that too. valinreallife
- Show them maps (even really little kids), give frequent updates about how much longer, measure time by activities or visual cues. insuremytrip
- Also let them pick roadside attractions before you leave and if they want to stop they have to let you know where. msmary1962
Q10. Money is no object – dream family vacation? Who would you take and where?
- The Galapagos with my mom, Antarctica with my dad & Madagascar with my brother. The rest of the world solo! ailsapm
- Hawaii My Mom my hubby and the kids!Because it looks so beautiful and my Mom deserves an awesome trip. anng33610
- I'd have to say I'd take my family on a First Class African safari like the @Singita_ Game Reserves http://t.co/YvmekH8E LuxeTiffany
- 3 generations to Antarctica AnujAdhiya