Tweets from Last Night - Spain
Last night Travelers' Night In #TNI explored beatiful, historic, delicious Spain! Experts and enthusiasts alike gave their tips, shared photos and dreamed about their perfect trip to the European gem. Read more to plan your next trip, but be prepared to crave paella!
Q1. Spain ranks 2nd for most historical sites in the world, which one do you want to visit?
- The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família is a wonder NewYorkHabitat
- Toledo as a whole is my fav. place in Spain. Loved the streets, shops, people... KatyHarrison20
- I loved Salamanca gFoot
- Parc Guell is gorgeous! MVluxuryhotels
- The only standing Roman Lighthouse in Spain "Tower of Hercules".. Will be there in 2 months :) davidsbeenhere
Q2. Favorite city or town in Spain? Why?
- Any of the villages in #Mallorca, although I'm partial to Bunyola. It was my home during a HS student exchange LauraAllenTvl
- Hands down #Barcelona. The creative energy there is infectious!!! AndiPerullo
- San Sebastian! It's amazing - the architecture and cuisine are phenomenal. WindstarCruises
- City = Barcelona. Stunning place. Little village = Daimus, Gandia. Quiet _Sians
Q3. Tips for travelers who haven’t been to Spain yet?
- if you drive, don't get a speeding ticket like i did! they have traffic cams on the freeways! http://t.co/Xzm5aOTu jonk
- Stop delaying??? Oh, and avoid the streets of Pamplona during a certain time of the year... ;) GeneralTours
- Arrive hungry! 2Travelaholics
- get used to everything closing down for siesta after lunch MiraCristine
- Don't keep your hands in your lap while eating. It's considered rude here. (Learned the hard way!) christinenspain
- Don't take the bus in Barcelona. You can walk faster ;-) McMedia
- avoid the coast, drive in land and, when you can, stay in Paradors - often restored castles and monasteries #ilovespain caroleluck
Q4. Paella, gazpacho, Manchego cheese… which Spanish dish do you crave?
- My second favorite cheese EVER is from #Spain: Torta del Casar. I'd cut off a limb for some right now. It's THAT good. foodieintl
- Gambas Ajillo ( garlic prawns) TravelingPerly
- Ummm cava!!! Lets pop open a bottle right now! ;-) JustaSunGod
- It's not a meal w/o some patatas bravas! NationalPro
Q5. Spain is known for music and dancing – best nightlife spot?
- Discos are great, but the most fun I've had has been at the annual pueblo parties...dancing and drinking all night! lizenespana
- oh and what about all the spots on Las Ramblas? #LoveBarcelona #Spain Jetsetterdotcom
- The best nightlife would be Madrid! Joy, Pacha and Capital have been there for years davidsbeenhere
Q6. What would your dream trip to Spain include?
- running with the bulls, but from the bulls perspective (not sure how though) gdarcyryan
- my dream trip would be to visit the Canary Islands because its the one piece of Spain that I truly don't know anything about davidsbeenhere
- the only way to go to Spain - ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao. Relax and take in whale and submarine watching in the Bay of Biscay! pauleldred
- Tomatina and Running of the Bulls... Infant there is an Indian film that covers some great things to do in Spain raghavmodi
Q7. Activity or adventure that is a must for visitors to Spain?
- Flamenco Show. Prado Museum. Wine tasting. Tapas Bars. Spanish guitar music filling a narrow alley. kymri
- I think if you didn't take in some futbol while in Spain, you'd be committing a sin. christinenspain
- San Fermin... The whole festival is amazing! Not just the running of the bulls. PLUSHOSTELS
- All of the architecture of Gaudi in Barcelona. I might take a day of walking but totally worth every step :) FunAsWeGO
- Trying some of the seafood tapas (barnacles, anyone?) is an adventure in and of itself. FreakOutOfTown
Q8. Best Spanish architecture? Pic?
- The Sagrada Familia always struck me as absolutely stunning architecture (and with quite the story behind it, too). GeneralTours
- Spanish Women .... Oh! la la ;-) raghavmodi
- Gaudi scares me. It's like walking into aTim Burton movie --on acid. I'll take Calatrava. DitchCity
- Don't suppose this counts as the architect is a Brit. Comms Tower Barca. http://t.co/TUzI6Oez eurapart:
Q9. Spanish festival on your bucket list?
- not on my bucket list, but i'd love to see the running of the bulls (from a safe second-story location) jonk
- Think that the carnival festival in Valencia is supposed to be amazing LolaDiMarco
- Moors & Christians festival in Valencia. Only seen the small village ones and that was amazing enough _Sians
- Recommend Carnaval in Cadiz, Las Fallas in Valencia and Semana Santa in Granada & Sevilla. Wld do Semana Santa again and again. jeanmarie73
- Has to be Carnival in Tenerife. Any excuse to wear body glitter and a headdress freakoutoftown
Q10. Spain is famous for siestas – best place you’ve ever taken a nap?
- Post-skinny dip in the Pyrenees, near Burguete. (Sorry, no pix.) davidmfrey
- Right at our desks, this was exhausting.. and fun! Jetsetterdotcom
- All I'm going to say about this is Atlantic City and the Starland Vocal Band! Is that too cryptic? Padraicino
- Rooftop in Barcelona w Spanish artist BF who ate drank tore down a wall midmeal (art?) & then - sexy #siesta #barcelonabliss LAKarenLoftus
A very special thank you to
, make sure to give these travel experts a follow on twitter!