Tweets from Last Night - Morning Travel
Last night on Traveler's Night In #TNI on twitter row warriors discussed all things morning! Are you a night owl or a morning master? Read for globe trotter's stories on their biggest morning fails, where they most like to see the sun come up and all things morning.
Q1. Wake up calls are nice, but what else makes your morning on the road a “good morning”?
- A kiss & a hug! HennArtOnline
- A beautiful view noelleluxtrav
- In room coffee maker - room service - view when u wake up of water! GoApril
- Whenever I manage to wake up on my own at a decent hour. No rude awakenings and a full day ahead of me! ^MY FareBuzz
- An Irish Coffee with properly planned travel itinerary for the day. wanderlustng
- Only requirement is good coffee...and I do mean GOOD, bold, synapse awakening coffee. valinreallife
- A good morning on the road is waking up without an alarm, a giant waffle and some exercise to start the day! trvlinsalesgal
- A NY Times at the door USelaine
- Having this for a morning view: http://t.co/JXEh6Ws1bespoketravels
Q2. Snoozing & missing a flight. Spilling coffee on your suit. What’s been your most epic morning #fail on the road?
- Got to St Pancras International for Paris train, had left passports at home! Eurostar were heroes and let us re-book for free nickminers
- Rushing to the office after running late, only to find its a day off :X Darnell_Chelsea
- Overslept on the day I was moving back to the US after 2 years in Brussels...ok, I'll stay another day... ZipSetAndrea
- Spilling baby-food carrots all over my new white wool skirt while flying to Switzerland with my 6-mo-old daughter. Marilyn_Res
- Looking down and realizing you have two different shoes on – who hasn’t been there? #HyattPlace HyattPR
- My most epic travel morning failure? Diarrhea in #Dubuque, and unplanned 2nd night. Though I loved hotel. reidontravel
Q3. What do you expect out of a hotel breakfast nowadays?
- I don't expect but I sure like FREE WI-FI with my hotel breakfast. Marilyn_Res
- A free one? CityPASS
- Gotta have a waffle maker mygo2it
- Healthy breakfast options! HennArtOnline
- Always appreciated made-to-order options Liz_Webber
- Give me a coffee maker in the room and I'm happy :-) laurably
- Heaven is calling... http://t.co/aF61YbOY HyattPR
Q4. Favorite place in the world to watch the sun come up?
- right before a safari excursion http://t.co/uq6eDQU9 jonk
- Hawaii is pretty amazing. Such great sunrise and sunsets there deltaedmcentre
- Used to have a gorgeous coral & turquoise sunrise from my deck in Boulder, CO jbranigan
- Venice, Italy! Snapped this waiting for Water Bus to Airport. http://t.co/jhWM34iL TravelProducer
- At sea. Anywhere, provided there are dolphins leaping against it. mummy_t
- Sawtooth Mountains in #Stanley,ID-nothing better than fresh mountain air!^LB scottevest
- Watching sunrise over the Roman Forum was pretty amazing. Actually, sunrise over Rome in general was pretty good! GeneralTours
- From behind the wheel of a campervan approaching Kaikoura, New Zealand after driving all night with friends Travel_Rich
- Positano and just shared a photo yesterday http://t.co/SnQUelHD BrowsingRome
Q5. Morning routine that you can’t live without even while on the road?
- Checking my email accounts... much as I want to NOT, I just can't help myself! GeneralTours
- I Check all my social media outlets while drinking coffee. #ModernDayNewspaper SandiMcKenna
- Brushing teeth <grin> ilivetotravel
- brushing teeth and using my face products. it ain't easy maintaining all this! LolaDiMarco
Q6. A survey says more women would be willing to give up intimate time for an hr of sleep. What would you give up?
- I think the only sane answer is work. CruiseLineFans
- sleep is overrated! especially on vacay. you can sleep when you're dead! " LolaDiMarco
- I would give up any thoughts of morning exercise... Banff_Squirrel
- For more sleep, I'd give up breakfast or checking social media+email. Rather sleep more & then get on with the day. ephemerratic
- A 2nd cup of coffee (or perhaps I wouldn't need it any longer if I got an extra hour of sleep!) ConciergeQ
- I'll tweet you that answer after my nap L_e_a_h
Q7. Which hotel amenity would you give up for a nice hotel breakfast?
- The gym...I don't use it anyway. haha! allison_b216
- The ice bucket. CityPASS
- Pillow chocolates... ConciergeQ
- The phone in the bathroom. twoonholiday
- the shower caps! I'd let my hair get wet for free breakfast! hilaryetravels
- Indoor pools - if I wanted to swim inside in lukewarm water, I'd do laps in my tub. FreakOutOfTown
Q8. What irritates you the most in the a.m.?
- This one's easy. Being woken up by anything other than the sun or an alarm. God help you if you're human and you wake me up. Travel_Rich
- I have to agree w/ the @hyattPR survey - Cold showers in the a.m. are the WORST. ZipSetRachel
- Nothing!! We're morning people. Love to 'get up and go' MidlifeRoadTrip
- Really, anything pre-caffeine... not a morning person... ConciergeQ
Q9. What are the first 5 things you think about when you wake up on the road?
- What are the first 5 things you think about when you wake up on the road? (outfit, coffee, food, schedule, more sleep!^LB scottevest
- Coffee, kids, e-mails, work and husband marilola33
- Why am I waking up on the roadway Brad_Lovett
- more sleep, my dog, my boyfriend, emails, how the local weather will affect my hair (in that order) noelleluxtrav
- 1) Where's the coffee 2) How blessed we are 3) How grateful we are 4) Check our To-Do List 5) Laugh MidlifeRoadTrip
- Anybody else been in "when is check-out" panic mode? 15 minutes?!? You'll never see the family move so fast! Funny! TravelGuard
Q10. Best excuse for being late to a morning meeting or rendezvous?
- we're late because we had to wait for @zipsetrachel She ate 4 breakfasts! ;-) SandiMcKenna
- The dog ate my laptop ilivetotravel
- A giant panda blocked my path. jbranigan
- There was an elk blocking my car > http://t.co/N8QZaEs3 Banff_Squirrel
A special thanks to Hyatt Place for sponsoring #TNI last night, two lucky winner's won a stay at any Hyatt Place!
Morning coffee mug cheers to Marilyn_Res TravelSquire and TravelProducer for hosting the chat with the Zipsetgo team!