Tweets from Last Night - Love is in the Air!
Love was in the air last night! Travelers from around the globe chatted about what they adored about travel and their favorite romantic escapes just in time for Valentine's Day. Wondering how to woo your vagabond valentine? Read on!
Q1. People think it’s sensual to eat with your hands. Best food you’ve eaten with utensils aside?
- Chocolate & dulce de leche cake that my husband fed to me at our wedding. I still dream about it. AndiPerullo
- Chocolate covered strawberries in bed with champagne MauiBlen
- Eina með öllu (one with everything) at Reykjavík's Bæjarins Beztu hotdog stand. nickminers
- Ethiopian injera and wat! familyonbikes
- Any Middle Eastern mezze (appetizer) my favorite is baba ghanoush w warm pita bread latinAbroad
- Lobster! DubeTravel
Q2. Have you ever surprised someone you loved with a spontaneous trip? Where?
- I surprised my husband 4 his Bday. I traveled from the #USA 2 #BuenosAires & he had no idea. Had it filmed: http://t.co/FjI4Jba7 AndiPerullo
- Flew hubby's 2 best friends over from London to Ohio for his 40th...total surprise...good times! ZipSetAndrea
- Does "we're going to Cracker Barrel" count? packDsuitcase
- my husband planned a surprise trip to a NC vineyard for us! JennCLT
Beach in Costa Rica at Sunset
Q3. What do you love most about travel?
- Housekeeping BridalTravelGuy
- The excitement of discovery! HennArtOnline
- That it's the best learning experience in life! belizepost
- Freedom, Discovery, Learning, Difference, Excitement, Novelty Padraicino
Q4. Romantic encounters while traveling – tell us your best travel love stories? Worst?
- Hubby and I met in a bar in Brussels... sometimes those things do work out! ZipSetAndrea
- I met my husband while I was studying in Costa Rica. <3 him! L_e_a_h
- Ha. I'm not much of a romantic, but celebrating my wedding in Bangkok (home of my mom's family) traditional Thai style, was lovely. marisagreen
- My destination wedding in Negril 15years ago this July! DubeTravel
Q5. Most important aspect to a romantic trip other than who you are traveling with?
- Location! adventurousness
- Spontaneity bjohnsonCTA
- Reservations AuthenticCoast
- Time, rushing kills romance chris2x
- Flexibility! No - not like that! I mean the ability to open up and just go with the flow; the best experiences are unplanned. GeneralTours
- quarters for the vibrating bed RickGriffin
Q6. Show us your most romantic picture from your travels!
- This one is pretty cute - in Buenas Aires Japanese Gardens: http://t.co/ncwNiKXZ #argentina BohemianTrails
- Engagement photo, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica; http://t.co/XIVFhT9U PocketExplorer
- Romantic for most? Naw, but essentially, it's us.
Q7. What do you think is the true language of love? Why?
- Umm I'm going French. Loved listening to it all last week! I think I could be spoken curse words & it would sound good! LolaDiMarco
- The eyes are the window to the heart. PocketExplorer
- Thoughtful little actions and laughing together jbranigan
- Chocolateese RickGriffin
- laughter… and this is 30 years of marriage talking :-) chris2x
Q8. Destination you fell in love with at first sight? Why?
- #Iceland was love at first sight. The landscapes were so foreign and intriguing to me, I fell head over heels! latinAbroad
- Lake Como, Italy for its beautiful serenity. BespokeTravels
- Cape Town, South Africa - beautiful beaches, fantastic wine & vibrant, diverse cultures KelseyIvey
- Also realized I loved #Cairo right away. So crazy. So vibrant. So ALIVE! It has a pulse of its own and its AWESOME! adventurousness
- Brasov, Romania because it's like stepping back in time, but with wi-fi RickGriffin
Q9. Tips for those looking for love while traveling?
- Don't look for it. Be yourself, do what moves you and it may find you. jbranigan
- Be open to opportunity, don't try to hard, be yourself. PocketExplorer
- dont let yr vaycay boyfriend trick U in2 being a drug mule lk Claire Danes in "Brokedown Palace" FreakOutOfTown
Q10. Unique gift ideas for a vagabond valentine?
- An open ended airplane ticket willingfoot
- A getaway to one of @SharingTravel's “10 of the Most Romantic Hotels in the World” AuthenticCoast
- A great piece of luggage. marisagreen
- I don't know about you, but this is still my wanderlusting wishlist http://t.co/fJ3MDmQi foodieintl
- A moleskine notebook and a nice pen. PocketExplorer