Tweets from Last Night - Bon Voyage!
Last night Travelers' Night In joined forces with the good tweeps at #cruisechat for a Cruise themed #TNI, and one lucky tweep won a $100 AmEx card! For fun cruise chat every week join #cruisechat every Tuesday at 2pm ET by adding #cruisechat to your tweets and searching for the hashtag on twitter. Need tips for your first cruise? Inspiration for your next vacation? Look no further! The #TNI recap has all the best answers from the world's travel enthusiasts.
Q1. The good, the bad and the ugly of cruising – what sticks out?
- I love that cruising is like a road trip where we only unpack once. Love the food too.tips4familytrip
- Good:a mobile resort Bad:rough seas ugly:Rushing to shore/back NExSpain
- people walking thru the buffet in skimpy swimwear - Bad Being away from the work world – good BrooksCruiseSvc
- Good: buffets, Bad: small bathrooms, Ugly: people wearing bikinis who shouldn't RickGriffin
Q2. How do you choose a cruise line? Which are your favorites?
- You can use our explore pages to learn about what each line has to offer to help you choose! http://t.co/jzIXQ3y0 CruiseWise
- Larger ships for sure, motion sickness and I don't get along very well. kaleighcummings
- My dad @OrlandoChris took us on cruises through HS and college. I like them all for various reasons. sydneyowen
- Also depends on your travel companions - RCCL is fantastic for kids, Gauguin for couples romance, etc. TravelMaestro
- Been fan of Royal Caribbean since refused to hurt Haitian economy by avoiding undamaged Labadee port. DonNadeau
A Royal Caribbean Cruise to the Bahamas
Q3. Tips on tackling sea sickness?
- PILLS! I had to have them, not ashamed! mrsoaroundworld
- Ginger pills, cabin selection and pressure bracelets are top methods. Scrips and OTCs available. More info: http://t.co/tzeYoKyT CruiseLineFans
- Get outside and look at the horizon discoverusaCA
- DRINK MORE! justinhamlin
- I go rogue and do inside cabin, lower level, midship - keep hydrated have snacks and do stairs only #cruise #nobalconyforme philatravelgirl
- To get over sea-sickness, just sit on the cruise ship's self leveling billiard table until you feel better #mybumcornerpocket ShipMateApp
Q4. Dream cruise itinerary? Favorite port of call?
- Anywhere off the Iberian Sea! HennArtOnline
- Dream itinerary - Baltic Sea. Favorite Port (so far) Grenada. Loved hiking Seven Sisters Falls and relaxing on Grand Anse Beach tips4familytrip
- We love cruising Alaska and look forward to doing it again. I <3 Vancouver as a port! shawnzgirl
- Best cruise ever: @RoyalCaribbean cruise on the Adriatic. Loved Dubrovnik. CindyRichards
St. Thomas is a one of the busiest (and most beautiful) ports in the Caribbean
Q5. If there were no rules onboard your next cruise ship, what would you do first?
- Raid the bar. rtwdave
- Sit at the captains table... without the captain. bd_carr
- Drag race with another cruise line BridalTravelGuy
- If there were no rules, I'd disembark at every port using the zip-line from @RoyalCaribbean @OasisandAllure ShipMateApp
- I would bring my pets! They deserve a vacation too after a hard day chasing squirrels! ghtroam
- Make a music video starring Andy Samberg and T-Pain TravelSquire
Q6. Best excursion you’ve ever tried on a cruise? Which do you want to try?
- Either sailing on "Stars & Stripes" in St Maarten, or the Heli Tour in Skagway, where we landed on a glacier. FlyingPhotog
- Swimming w/ the sharks and it would depend on what sailing I was on to see what I would like to try GoApril
- Best Excuirsions Helicopter to Glacier, Floatplane to Misty Fjords NP, and Catching lots of fish on charter in Ketchikan BrooksCruiseSvc
- Want to try flying a Soviet MiG (Crystal Cruises from St. Petersburg, Russia, on its summertime Baltic cruises) AnujAdhiya
- Touring ancient city of Ephesus during stop in Turkey. Hubs loved the ancient plumbing (communal outhouse). CindyRichards
- My 88-year-old grandma did helicopter excursion to Alaskan glacier. I want to follow in her footsteps...er, wings! ephemerratic
Q7. Planning tips for first time cruisers?
- shop around 4 shore excursions, sometimes cheaper if u don't go w/ the cruise line (good option: @ViatorTravel's Shore Excursions) Kathie_G
- reviews reviews reviews you don't want to end up on a cruise that will ruin you for cruises! JoeTBA
- Arrive port at least day ahead--at least 2 for trans-ocean cruises. Great insurance. amyl12
- we have a whole series on our blog about first time crusing tips! http://t.co/r6RsJCn4 JetpacApp
- befriend the crew, the crew bar is where the real parties happen :0 ZipSetAndrea
- Here's 9 Insider Cruise Tips: http://t.co/kCVmRMg5 TravelMaestro
I visited the Island Princess yesterday in Vancouver, BC. Great pic in port. nicolepoitras
Q8. Dream onboard cruise ship amenity?
- Hands down - FREE Wi Fi. mmmmmmm...wait. A personal chef might be cool, too. CruiseLineFans
- Caviar & champagne served while enjoying the on-deck hot tub... in the port of Monte Carlo... #dreambig ZipSetAndrea
- Personal butler service on my balcony (with free cocktails, of course) Liz_Webber
- Access to a seaplane MattSoleyn
Q9. One person you’d love to cruise with past or present?
- Lord Nelson chris2x
- Gotta go with Ringo. Been to a few of his shows. He just seems like a really fun dude that anyone could have a fun time with! ^MY FareBuzz
- Oh, I LOVE cruising w/my mom. She is fun! shipsandtrips
- I'd go for Shania Twain BrooksCruiseSvc
- Princess Kate. Then no need to worry about the Butler - I'm sure she would bring one. RadissonBluAqua
- Captain James Cook - the guy who discovered Antarctica - Bet he'd have some stories! AnujAdhiya
Q10. If I had a $100 shipboard credit for my #cruise, I'd spend it on.... Why?
- Dinner at a Chef's table RadissonBluAqua
- Souvenirs for all our awesome Twitter and Pinterest followers! Intelity
- Booze. CindyRichards
- 100 dollar shipboard credit could be used to pay for my Internet package on the ship. CruiseBuzz