Tweets from Last Night - Autumn Adventures
Q1. Have you ever taken an Autumn Adventure? Where did you go?
- Blazing fall color in Shenandoah National Park are picturesque against mountains! http://t.co/oPbe5vrs TravelGuard
- Camping and hiking in the White Mountains in New Hampshire to walk through the beautiful autumn foliage. jayhawknj
- The beautiful Catskill Mountains in NY (one of my favs!) ^MY http://t.co/gOJMLk3zFareBuzz
- Mykonos is one of the most beautiful Greek islands at anytime. The locals would say October is ideal swimming time MalloryOnTravel
- I love the FANTASTIC travel deals you find traveling in the off-season and no crowds - like Venice in late October.
- The foliage tours and great squash and apple delights! GoApril
- scenery, festivals (beer, bbq etc) and FOOTBALL!
- Seeing scenery like this: http://t.co/jjdeKkop Here are some #Helsinki autumn leaves :)
- The colors of the trees! You don't see this in Australia! http://t.co/y8O9AXyMTravaddicts
- Lower airfares & hotel rates traveling between peak seasons. yallasafar
- looking at either Asian or Black Sea cruises for next year philatravelgirl
- I would like to go anywhere in the Caribbean! MrsHarriett
- Mediterranean. My mom & I did a 14-day cruise in Fall '05. Fun! MsBoice
- Greece! HennArtOnline
Q4. Halloween is next week! Where is the scariest place you’ve been?
- Salem. Stereotypical and not scary but was great being there. nadiyaki
- My ex-girlfriends parents
- Scariest place has got to be a dirty loo anywhere in the world. Nightmarish! anuragamuffin
- The catacombs in Paris I guess. Creepy more than scary. (stacks of dead people tend to creep me out, yes) travel_version
- oh it was at a camping site nr my hometown in Yogyakarta,Indonesia. Pretty scary stuff happened there :| dewtraveller
Q5. Best way to prevent an autumn adventure turning into a travel nightmare?
- Flexibility. Weather can change, but it's how you deal that will determine the outcome of trip. Weather never hurt anyone. NonRevAdventure
- Travel insurance gives me peace of mind to prevent a dreamtrip turning into a nightmare http://t.co/72m017Z0 TravelProducer
- bring meds with you! Allergies wreak havoc in the fall, sniffling as we speak KatkaTravels
- Garlic gloves, silver bullets Banff_Squirrel
Q6. Destinations that work best for Autumn budget #travel? Worst?
Autumn is a much better time to visit Europe. Lower fares and not as crowded. Otherwise, your local apple orchard is perfect! ^MY FareBuzz
- Also, big budget doesn't mean big/awesome trip. Too often people intertwine the two. NonRevAdventure
- Keep it on the cheap by sprinkling free activities into your itinerary: http://t.co/b9Z9TfTv scoverLA
- Was just in #Warsaw - gorgeous fall weather, great food, CHEAP. foodieintl
- head to eastern Canada - Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick. Colourful and welcoming…love it there in autumn!
- Umbria for truffles, no crowds and hill towns all to yourself. Amazing part of #Italy AngelFCast
- Destinations that are good for Autumn travel? I would love to do Japan in the Autumn - the Hanami festival looks so cool. adeej
- A party in a haunted house would be cool.....no costume as yet, I am a last minute kind of halloweener! Travaddicts
- Queensland, Australia as a surfer dude! Cheers!
- Dream Halloween would be @FSBoraBora watching the sunset.
- #Savannah would prob be a good place to spend Halloween. Even their CVS is haunted!
- Here's a question - if I dress up as a suitcase at the #airport on Halloween, will I be charged extra baggage/weight fees?? Hmmm ;-) SaraKateTravel
- Put on a tux and instant James Bond MalloryOnTravel
Q8. Who's been to L.A. in the Fall? What's your favorite thing to do there?
- Going to @GettyMuseum is a favorite activity all year long, but there is something really special about being up there in the fall! ConciergeQ
- We ADORE Pelican Hill, the spa is to die for! http://t.co/EKy1u0GFinspirato
- Visiting California Adventure and Disneyland for the holiday treats at are so much fun http://t.co/jlNt9OisVegasBiLL
- Being that LA is summer in the fall still, I would say keep riding my cruiser bike down the boardwalk in perfect weather! alltravel
Q9. Biggest Autumn travel disaster you've ever had?
- trying to catch a last minute flight for work the day before Thanksgiving flyingwithfish
- Having to re-book a flight and hotel alone could become difficult. Thank goodness for 24/7 assistance to help. http://t.co/dh8uh7yC TravelGuard
- Snow came earlier than expected. Travel plans were scrapped. coolmom234
- skirted hurricane Rina last year in Cancun but it was a great time at @eldoradoresorts Royal davidrglenn
- Driving through New England at the height of season w/o hotel reservations. Had to sleep in the car on the ferry home
- Disasters = good stories over drinks MalloryOnTravel
Q10. L.A. has over 100 museums. Museum you’d most like to visit this fall?
- You can save up to $500 on L.A. museums in L.A. at http://t.co/0XadO9DZ Follow @DiscoverLA too! TravelProducer
- @CAScienceCenter & @TAMuseum flyingwithfish
- LACMA never disappoints. Such a great one! valentinavitols
- The Getty museum of art! Would love to see their fashion section KatkaTravels
- Didn't they just open a gelatto museum in Italy? would love 2 go! dewtraveller