Tweets from Last Night - Airlines and Airplanes
Last night Travelers' Night In got high, 30,000ft high with Airline and Airports #TNI! Travelers' gathered to share their favorite airports, worst flights, and best tips for sleeping in economy. Read on for the best aviation stories from travelers around the globe!
Q1. When was your first flight? Where to and on what airline?
- I was 7- flew to Amsterdam on KLM marktravel
- From Philippines to Seattle! Northwest 747 HennArtOnline
- My first flight was on @SouthwestAir at Christmas of 1977. I was 6 weeks old. HOU-LBB. FlyingPhotog
- Though tried flying my bike off the end of the pier a little earlier than that, unsuccessfully unfortunately MalloryOnTravel
- I still get excited when flying! I like the window seat and watching the clouds and landscape. #nerd allison_b216
Q2. What is your top tip for sleeping on an airplane, in economy class?
- I alway carry a fave small pillow, yoga pants & big scarf (can be blanket or eye cover) on long flights. Curl up & snooze. TravelMaestro
- Xanax. Or a pillow. But mainly Xanax. trvlinsalesgal
- Upgrade MalloryOnTravel
- Top tip: Bose headphones + eyemask. Shut out sound and sight, sleep to familiar tunes twoOregonians
Q3. Window or Aisle? Why?
- Window for short haul with a great view, aisle for everything else DestnUnknown
- Always want window for the view, but end up asking for aisle for convenience. amytravels
- Aisle without a shadow of a doubt. I don't want to clamber over someone every time a want a drink or to pee. Travel_Rich
- Aisle ~ i can't handle crawling over strange peeps gr8ful4dmb
- Tie me on the hood of the plane and lets go... jbranigan
- Window, hopefully in an exit row - love the view, hate to disturb. krikea
- Window I'd rather crawl over than be crawled over BlkChickOnTour
Q4. What airport do you love and/or hate more than any other airport? Why?
- Best airports - I have the pleasure of being w/in an hour of 3: @Flack4RIC @FlyPHF @NorfolkAirport. Clean, reasonable parkg, wifi TravelMaestro
- Love: Tokyo Narita. I love searching for all the unique Kit Kat flavors in duty free! dstinationdavid
- Love the tiny little airfields you find in places like BC Canada or Nepal with a single runway MalloryOnTravel
- Love Amsterdam- transferring is so pleasant & stress free. Dislike Heathrow- every transfer there has involved us running. AdriTrigToursPR
- I love all the airports that have WiFi free. I hate those that don't have it! :) Claudiabia
St. Martin landing - by lindsayfranke
Q5. How do you pass the time when delayed in an airport? Strangest way you've passed the time?
- The lost art of chatting with strangers in airport bars...no one does that anymore. ZipSetAndrea
- Reading, shopping, eating, drinking or....Tweeting! ;-) Xplore724
- I like taking airport and airplane photos for my travel blog! Good use of time. TravelProducer
- On return flights, I upload my recent pictures to my computer/blog while the memories are still fresh! ZipSetGo
- Spent an 7 hour layover in Milan on a gelato crawl, train into town etc. BEST layover EVER !! gr8ful4dmb
- Strangest?Snowboarding stairs flyingwithfish
- Watch all of the planes push back and this: http://t.co/IZRuLWpf GEAviation
- I love being stuck in airports - nothing is in your control and it's the perfect excuse to DO NOTHING, enforced relaxation! TripAfrica
Q6. Have you ever knowingly sneaked something prohibited through airport security? What?
- toothpaste too big for 3-1-1. eeeep! jonk
- #prosciutto #prosciutto #prosciutto dlcuratolo
- A friend smuggled a live baby monkey (sedated) on a plane, strapped to her body. ZipSetAndrea
- Does an accidental space cake count? lol. oops. KatrinaMauro
- I once took a sugar cane home from Hawaii. I wrapped it in my blanket. Please don't tell. earthypets
- I often photograph and tweet my knife as I travel, never been found in a few hundred tries - http://t.co/e1uBG3cG flyingwithfish
Q7. Your favorite airline and airplane [they need not go hand in hand]?
- Jetblue / Boeing 777 MattSoleyn
- Singapore Airlines:787 Dreamliner or A380 AnujAdhiya
- Virgin Atlantic. Hands down. Sir Richard Branson you are a genius. frankdicesare
- Actually, top spot is reserved for any airline that upgrades me for free. Never happened to me, still convinced it's a myth. Travel_Rich
I sort of like walking on the tarmac...
Q8. Sleep in an airport hotel or sleep in the airport? How do you choose?
- Most definitely a hotel. It's getting harder, and harder these days to actually find good places in the airport to sleep. (ie LHR) cgywayfarer
- Depending on how early in the morning the next flight is. I sleep terrible night B4 early am flights so why waste money SandiMcKenna
- if it's only for 1 night I'll save the money and sleep in the airport better yet if there's a beach I'll sleep there VoyageJason
- Neither: stay up all night and explore (if you can). NW_Travel
Q9. What was your worst flight? Why was it so bad?
- A flight from US east coast to Milan took me 23 hours once...rerouted via DFW, ORD, Zurich. Brutal. travelmaestro
- Crazy landing in Shannon, Ireland. People screaming. Gas masks fell. Plane diving. TravelSweeps
- Full flight, window seat next to drunk who started throwing up then passed out = standing for 7 hours. nightmare DestnUnknown
- Amsterdam-London on KLM-passenger or 2 apparently hadn't bathed in months-Europe's strict liquid restrictions??!! ecuadorguide
- Qantas LAX-SYD couldn’t completely avoid 3 typhoons. W/out exaggeration, plane vibrated as Tom Hank’s did in Cast Away DonNadeau
- Guayaquil to NYC...woman across aisle from me changing poopy diapers IN her seat. Ewww. KatrinaMauro
Q10. If you could fly anywhere right now, where would it be and on what airline?
- I should say HK but that flights booked. First class to Switzerland to see family. Oh Happy Days dewalktours
- Right this minute, I'd be Buenos Aires. Or maybe Christ Church, Rome, Cape Town, Easter Island, Bangkok...how about an open tkt? TravelMaestro
- Beijing on a JAL 787 in first class. KidStallyn
- Cambodia on my very own, personalised airline. Travel_Rich
- I'd like to check out @qatarairways. Maybe to Doha? Or go with @SAS back home to Norway. lindblomsten