Tweets from Last Night - National Rum Day!
Last night Traveler's Night In got a little tipsy, or at least we talked about it! #TNI celebrated National Rum Day with the USVITourism! Are you part pirate? Do you love spectacular views and beach relaxing? You've found the right place! Read on for travelers best rum stories and favorite things about the beautiful U.S. Virgin Islands.
Q1. Today is National Rum Day! How are you celebrating?
- With #tni of course MalloryOnTravel
- A scoop of Coffee Ice Cream laced with Rum and topped with homemade TravelProducer
- We've been celebrating all week w/ fresh watermelon, lime, rum & bubbly h2o CityPASS
- Rum cake baby! AnujAdhiya
- With my creation, a rumdiggity: http://t.co/w20Z4JBu CharlesMcCool
- Bringing new bottle of Flor de Cana to a rooftop deck BBQ party! ephemerratic
Q2. If you could create your own signature island cocktail, what would it include? Name?
- flavored cruzan rum, fresh mango, raspberries, lemonade, mint - Name "Amazeballs" lindsayfranke
- The Hammock Time: 12-year-aged rum, an exotic local herb, pineapple, with a rim of chili salt. ephemerratic
- Is there a nice way to blend rum & chocolate together to make a drink? That would be my answer TheTrvlPrincess
- let's do a rum and coke and call it delicious VoyageJason
- " the 3 Amigos" Cruzan, cilantro, lime & jalapeno RickGriffin
Q3. What would your dream vacation to St. Croix/the U.S. Virgin Islands include?
Caneel Bay, St. John USVI
- A hammock on the beach, a #rum drink in hand and a nice sunset. #itsthelittlethings travel_version
- ocean front accomodations, swim up pool bar, scuba diving, convertible car rental, deep sea fishing....... mselizann
- Going to St. John ASAP LeeAbbamonte
- Without a doubt I would love to sail around the different islands stopping and going at my own pace. WillingFoot
Q4. If you had the chance to make a Cruzan flavored rum, what would your flavor be? Why?
- honestly the Cruzan vanilla is pretty delicious... maybe make a gummy bear rum. Or cake-flavored. chacha2787
- Do they make spicy tuna flavored rum? LeeAbbamonte
- Pineapple flavored rum! Just plain rum flavor works too! Cardinaltravel
- Hmmmm brown sugar flavored RUM ;-) AllyTravels
- How about wine flavored rum? :) RickGriffin
- Hey here's a really great idea ...... rum flavoured gelato, completely original better patent it ;) #NationalRumDay MalloryOnTravel
- Rum flavored like Starbursts candy. How delicious would that be? Intelity
Q5. There are two historic forts on St. Croix. Which forts/castles have you visited?
- been to Cinderella's Castle a few times ;-) SandiMcKenna
- None in the Caribbean, but in Rajastan, India I OD'd on forts! Sintra, Portugal was also gorgeous ephemerratic
- Amber Fort in Jaipur, India is incredible OTPTravel
- I'll be at a wedding at Wartburg Castle in Germany in 3 weeks, a world heritage site to boot LeeAbbamonte
- coolest fort. Mountaintop Snow fort @keystonemtn / Colorado. #TNI (link to @karasw 's post: http://t.co/HrQ6vKol SkierGrrl
- El Morro in Old San Juan for the incredible construction ~400 yrs ago! ilivetotravel
- I just went to Dracula's Castle in Bran, #Romania. Didn't get scared. Cause I had a garlic necklace. ilivetotravel
Q6. What’s the best or most unique cocktail you’ve ever had? Where? Bonus points for Rum Cocktails!
- The Wrigleyville at @SofitelWaterTower in #Chicago during the #Windycitytweetup ilivetotravel
- What’s the best cocktail you’ve ever had? Where? #TNI” It's called the flamingo in Antigua. Tasted like strawberry shortcake with #rumweetup. Had peanut butter fluff & vokda. Awesome. #TNI lindsayfranke
- Rum Punch in Hawaii .. goes down like lemonade, combined w/jet lag leaving one with little recollection of the evening before .. #TNI SandiMcKenna
- Cobra wine in #Cambodia & "the essence of the jungle" in #Belize #TNI #DontAsk inspirato
- Not too unique, but how about a mint julep or hurricane from Pat O'Brians in New Orleans? http://t.co/gGktbR5p allison_b216
Q7. Best USVI beach activity? Why?
- Hands down, people-watching. What better place to people-watch than on the beautiful beaches of @USVITourism TheTrvlPrincess
- The ability to snorkel right from the beach in the most beautiful water is my ultimate beach activity. WillingFoot
- Vie's Snack Shack on St. John. Well, cuz I would be on St. John, that's why! CharlesMcCool
- Celebrate every beach day like it is #NationalRumDay
- little scuba diving with sharks never hurt anyone #sharkweek VoyageJason
- Playing beach volleyball while drinking mojitos! CityPASS
Q8. Have you ever visited a rum distillery/winery/brewery while traveling? Where?
- OHHH Heyyyy ---> The Time I Bought 8 Bottles of Wine: http://t.co/hBNM6xeT amandaelsewhere
- Also, New Zealand - such great wine! Can't wait to go wine tasting in Austria next month! ianandwendy
- Not rum, but been to local rice whiskey distilleries in #Thailand, watched fermented mare's milk (Aairag) being made in #Mongolia OTPTravel
- Yes, Heineken in Amsterdam and a local brewery in Brugge, Belgium allison_b216
Q9. What makes the U.S. Virgin Islands unique?
The views in the USVI are second to none!
- It's like the US... but an island... and no sales taxes! BOOM! danthompson_TN
- The gorgeous views! ... the clearest water I've ever seen. ZipSetRachel
- they are part of the good ol' USA! And they are beautiful! lindsayfranke
- the Virgin Islands are not as promiscuous as other islands RickGriffin
Q10. Prior to becoming a U.S. Territory, St. Croix was reigned over by six others. Can you guess them?
- Wow. SIX?? Um. England, France, Spain, Denmark....thats all i can come up with off the top of my head. TheTrvlPrincess
- Virgin Islands ...... the Vatican, probably built a nunnery there MalloryOnTravel