Tweets from Last Night - Time for the Olympics!
Last night Traveler's Night In #TNI went to for the gold with an Olympic themed travel chat! Read on for the best tips on how to navigate the Olympics in London this year, and to read the funniest Olympic tweets from travelers.
Q1. Do you prefer Summer or Winter Olympic Games? Why?
- Hate to say it, but I'm a winter person all the way. You cant beat luge, hockey, bobsled, skiing and obviously figure skating! TravelSquire
- Love winter sports but they can't compare with the excitement of the summer games MalloryOnTravel
- Summer - less bulky uniforms! Liz_Webber
- Summer definitely has a greater variety of sports. Seems more grand! gogobot
- Winter generally 'cuz we're the Great White North but I love the summer games too. Betting on CANADA in rowing. boomergirl50
- plus summer games have beach volleyball ;) LOL Cardinaltravel
- yes. Winter. Hockey, luge, ski jump, down hill... Need I go on? StayAdventurous
Jonk at the Vancouver Winter Games in 2010!
Q2. What do you think of London/UK as this summer’s Olympics hosts (again)?
- Why not if they do a good job? TravelandEscape
- I love London but I can't deny that I'm already looking forward to Brazil 2016 FreethotGlobal
- Long overdue. London's last Olympics was in 1948. FrankDiCesare
- Bloody brilliant! TravelSquire
- I think there should be a communal fund to bring the Olympics to a place that could use the tourism, with minimal cost keaneiscool
- It's like the head cheerleader getting voted homecoming queen. WheresAndrew
Q3. Which Olympic event do you love the most? Why?
- Swimming - stems from my love of it as a kid. Now, as an adult, I can appreciate the Speedos! :) #london2012 toandfrommag
- Synchronized Wine Drinking RickGriffin
- Does torch relay count? Love the symbolism of teamwork+multiculturalism, which is what the game stands for brightroam
- Gymnastics! It's artsy and athletic! SuzeMars
- . LUGE...I feel like I hold my breath until they are done, as if that will stop them from crashing... :) ZipSetAndrea
Q4. If “Travel” was an Olympic category, what would the events be?
- Wheels down to curb - airport racing! foodieintl
- Overhead bin cramming, airport sprints CindyRichards
- Long Distance Road Tripping SandiMcKenna
- I'd like to see a TSA security pole vault. FrankDiCesare
- International Destination Deal-Finding ZipSetGo
- #Travel Triathlon: Epic paths covered by boat, bike, foot latinAbroad
- Stroller hurdles - must take place in Orlando. FlyingPhotog
- Synchronised sickness. How many exotic diseases can u catch at the same time. Travel_Rich
Luggage schlepping is a serious sport!
Q5. If you could travel back to a previous Olympic Games, which would it be?
- I'd travel back to the original Olympic games in ancient Greece where the tickets were affordable RickGriffin
- Love to go back to Berlin in 1936 and see Hitler's face when Jesse Owens won his golds MalloryOnTravel
- 1936 Summer Games in Berlin, Germany flyingwithfish
- When Keri Strug landed that vault!! It was AMAZING slstaffo
- Calgary 1998: To see that Jamaican bobsled team they made the movie Cool Runnings movie on AnujAdhiya
- The 1900 Paris games - the first time women competed! foodieintl
- Barcelona 1992. Because then I'd be in Barcelona. Travel_Rich
Q6. How long do you think you could carry the Olympic Torch? Over what terrain?
- i could probably do two or three moving walkways... jonk
- I'm quite the good runner. Do I get to stop into a bar every few blocks for a refresher pint? :) keaneiscool
- I don't carry a torch for the Olympics… we are just good friends chris2x
- 20 minutes... on cobble stones... in heals ;) MGPTravelBlog
- I wouldn't want the responsibility of lighting fire in stadium, I can't get my BBQ grill to light! jbranigan
Q7. If you were an Olympic competitor, what would your event be?
- Jetpacking, Island Hopping, Pub Crawling, Airport Running... #olympics JetpacApp
- I would be the best at coordinated jumping pose pictures. It's the new version of synchronized swimming. NOnionsXPickles
- Pepsi Shirt Wearing Champion of these Coca-Cola Games MMcCreesh
- talking, party planning and bean counting would be my sports #noathleticskills philatravelgirl
- Modern biathalon, working and tweeting chris2x
- Shot putting Dunkin' Donuts jbranigan
Q8. Travel tips for attending the Olympic Games? For London?
- Swim at Crystal Palace Sports Centre (where the Brazilian team are basing themselves-good incentive to go!) http://t.co/Vz2MCxb0 JetpacApp
- We've got some great tips for saving money in London during the Games and beyond http://t.co/acMy1NcK ShermansTravel
- Spend it. Splurge. It's probably a once in a life-time trip. StayAdventurous
- Olympics advice: A8. Get the Heck Out of London – Intelligent Travel http://t.co/I4cWc9uu Marilyn_Res
- Don't overbook yourself. 1 event in the AM, 1 in the PM. It takes longer than you think to change venues MickeyBoggs
- Plan ahead, plan alternate routes. Follow @GAOTG for updates! SuzeMars
- Try to meet somebody from as many countries as you can! TravelSquire
- Find parks that have giant screens. Take a picnic, some booze and soak up the atmosphere. Travel_Rich
The London Bridge ready for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games!
Q9. If you were to change one thing about the Olympics, what would it be?
- More costumes and capes. keaneiscool
- Tickets would be easier to get and cheaper. allison_b216
- Hold it somewhere more tropical! breezes_resorts
- Get rid of this ridiculous 'you can only eat this fast food chain's food and drink that soft company's drink.' Mental. Travel_Rich
- always be on my time zone - magic bullet sheila_gh
- And only allow countries that allow female athletes to compete! Liz_Webber
- I wish the #Olympics were less concerned w/ tallying medals & more about learning world #geography. WheresAndrew
Q10. Greatest Olympic athlete of all time? Why?
- Tough question Jesse Owens probably for me MalloryOnTravel
- Hands down, Kerri Strug. cgywayfarer
- Steve Redgrave (Athlete): Won a gold medal at five consecutive games! #imnotworthy AnujAdhiya
- Phelps, Spitz, Owens, MaryLou Retton, Heiden, Lake Placid UShockey team, tht Russian gymnast whats her name michael_nassar
Want to host or sponsor #TNI? Have a really great idea theme idea? We'd love to hear from you! Email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org