Christmas Gift Ideas!
Christmas shopping is one of my favorite parts of the season, right behind the smell of Christmas trees and my whole family sitting around a big table. I've almost completed my shopping for everyone else, and decided it was high time to make my own Christmas list. So here it is, ideas for me - but also for the traveler, cook and retail addict on your shopping list.
For the Traveler
- GPS: I know everyone has a smart phone these days (myself included, believe it or not!) but there is no really replacing a GPS, especially in the car. Looking down at your smart phone is dangerous, and the road can’t handle my driving to begin with. GPS is on the must have list!
- Skis/ outdoor gear: I am not a great skier, but I do enjoy myself on the slopes. I don’t know enough about skiing to even begin to choose the right skis, but I do know that these match my ski bunny outfit. Gear is always a great choice for the outdoor enthusiast; there are always upgrades to the old stuff they already have, and new gadgets for those who have everything.
- A great carry-on: I am in the market for the perfect carry-on bag – one that could double for a weekend bag when visiting friends. One with wheels and two long handles and stylish but durable. Sounds like an impossible find, right? Wrong! The perfect carry-on from Hartmann:
- Portable Ipod speakers: I am heading to Vegas this week! What would better than throwing a few drinks back while jamming out to tunes in the hotel room before a night on the town? I did some research, and it looks like all the geeks agree on one:
- Yoga pants: A great pair of yoga pants may not seem like a travel essential, but let me explain. These gap yoga pants double for workout clothes, pants, and tights to go under dresses. They dry quickly and wick moisture. They hardly take up any room in a suitcase, and of course comfortable (plane naps anyone?)
For the Cook
- Cookbook books: I cook a couple times a week, so a new unique cook book is always on the table for me. For the cook who has everything think about a an ethnic cookbook with spices to match, or a dessert cookbook with a cool pie pan or accessories.
- Food processor: speaking of cookbooks, almost everyone I own has several recipes that require heavy chopping/a food processor. Plus in the summer I want to make my own pesto and freeze it, like back in the good old days in college when I was a nanny with a gourmet kitchen at my disposal.
- Vegan baked goods! I am only one person, so it doesn’t make sense for me to make myself baked goods. One, I would eat all the batter before I could bake anything, and two, I would eat dozens of cookies in a few days. If someone gives you baked goods as a gift, you have to eat them, and they don’t count. Fact. Send some homemade goodness your friends and families' way and spread the holiday cheer.
- Herb grow kit: Who doesn't love fresh herbs? Unfortunately they are expensive, and using all of them before they go bad is a challenge. Plus I have no yard and live in a cold climate so I can't grow my own... Oh wait, I can!
- Reusable produce bags: I love using reusable bags mostly because it’s an easy way to be green, resuable bags hold more groceries. It seems odd to put produce in plastic bags to go into reusable bags. Reusable produce bags look like a goodt way to be green at the grocery store, and myabe even store some produce. A great gift for a green friend (maybe fill them with some seasonal favorites)!
- Tory Burch cross body: Ok, I get it. This is way out of the realm of things people would potentially buy for Christmas. That being said, maybe Santa thinks I have been extra good this year, or maybe you know someone that really wants a cross body and you really, really like them.
- Schoolboy blazer, in any color: How great would this blazer look with jeans? Work pants? Leggings on the weekend? Over a dress? You get the point. This is a J.Crew classic that almost anyone would love to own.
- Key necklace: Tiffany’s has had these necklaces for a couple years now, and I haven’t stopped wanting one since I saw it. Any lady would be charmed (pun intended).
What is on your Christmas list this year?