New Destination Right Ad Panel
- Trip Advisor 2010 Traveler’s Choice Destination Award
- World Class Convention facilities: The technological advanced New Orleans Morial Convention Center has over 1.1 million square feet of space to accommodate almost any sized audience.
- Over 22,000 sleeping rooms in world-class hotels are available within a 2 mile radius. Restaurants and attractions are all within walking distance making a true destination experience for guests.
- Mild winters allow for plenty of outdoor activities year round including golf and bayou tours.
- Louisiana’s central location is ideal for travelers. The Louis Armstrong International Airport is just 20 minutes from the New Orleans city center.
Plenty of things to do in New Orleans
The Real Deal
- New Orleans is the birthplace of Jazz. Catch a show in the famous French Quarter, the historic arts district, Faubourg Marugny or Bywater.
- The historic French Quarter of New Orleans features 100 square blocks of art, dining, shopping and beautiful architecture.
- Cajun , regional Creole, soul and contemporary French dining from award-winning chefs can’t be missed.
- Major events include Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, and many conventions.
- New Orleans is home to countless historic architectural gems; the city is home to more National Historic landmarks than any other city in the United States.
- Sports enthusiasts will enjoy the NBA game featuring the New Orleans Hornets, or the Superbowl champion football team the New Orleans Saints.
Things to do in New Orleans
The cultural riches and unparalleled entertainment options that have defined New Orleans for decades continue to flourish in the “Big Easy.” The most-celebrated and historic core of the city – including the French Quarter, Central Business District, Warehouse and Arts District, Magazine Street, Garden District, Audubon Park and Zoo and St. Charles Avenue – is thriving. In fact, Orbitz and Travel + Leisure chose New Orleans as one of their top destinations for 2007, and The Today Show named it as number two in its “America the Beautiful” series in August 2007.New Orleans is located in southeastern Louisiana, just north of where the Mississippi River enters the Gulf of Mexico, and is a major commercial and tourism center for the southern United States. This is a city perfectly suited for a fun-filled, exciting getaway. Guests will enjoy non-stop nightlife, the best traditional jazz music in the world, shopping in the French Quarter, exploring the beautiful homes of the Garden District and many culinary delights.
New Orleans is like no other place in the world. It is often referred to as the most European of American cities, but it is much more than that. Start with Amsterdam, stir in some Caribbean, add dashes of Cartagena and Memphis, and the recipe for this amazing city is just beginning.
LA - New Orleans, New Orleans International Airport
- Temperature: 24 °C
- Wind: South, 9.3 km/h
- Pressure: 1015 hPa
- Rel. Humidity: 89 %
- Visibility: 14.5 km
- The official currency of the United States is the U.S. dollar
- Central Standard Time, North America, UTC - 6 hours
- The official language of the United States is English
- 120V 60 Hz