New Destination Right Ad Panel
- Las Vegas offers something for everyone - entertainment, dining, sightseeing and more!
- Great values on hotel rooms - there are more than 148,000 rooms available to fit every budget
- Great lift into Las Vegas with more than 900 domestic and international flights daily
- Lots of great dining options - from all-you-can-eat buffets to fine dining hot spots
- It's easy to get around Las Vegas - transportation is everywhere - bus, taxi, shuttles and the country's first automated monorail.
- Located in the desert, Las Vegas has terrific weather with more than 320 days of sunshine per year and an average temperature of 66 degrees.
- Meeting space galore is available for groups of all sizes!
Plenty of things to do in Las Vegas
The Real Deal
- On average, meetings have 13% higher attendence when held in Vegas
- Transportation costs are lowered because many places are within walking distance on the Vegas strip.
- You must be 21 to enter casinos, and smoking is permitted most places that food is not served
- Vegas employs almost 250,000 resort industry employees and hosts more than 19,000 meetings, conventions and incentives annually.
- Things get extra crazy in Vegas around holidays associated with long weekends, boxing matches or the National Finals Rodeo. During these times, or if a large convention is in town, accomodation prices will be higher.
- Although Vegas was made for adults, entertainment options have divisified and it's easy to find family friendly options. Just remember that children under 18 are not allowed out after 9pm with out an adult
Things to do in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a true original; there is nothing like it in America or anywhere in the world! In other cities, hotels are built near major attractions. In Las Vegas, hotels are the major attractions. A view down the famous Las Vegas Strip uncovers a skyline accented by a Statue of Liberty, a giant lion, a pyramid, a sphinx and a series of sparkling buildings. Inside, the fantasy continues as travel groups may wander through replicated sites such as Paris, Venice, New York and ancient Egypt.
NV - Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport
- Clear sky
- Temperature: 33 °C
- Wind: Southwest, 31.5 km/h, gusts up to 50 km/h
- Pressure: 1003 hPa
- Rel. Humidity: 7 %
- Visibility: 16.1 km
- The U.S dollar is the official currency in Las Vegas
- Pacific Daylight Time, North America, UTC - 7 hours
- The official language of United States is English
- 120 V 60 Hz
Best Time To Travel
Best Travel Time
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
- October – December
- Great year-round destination!
Convention & Visitors Bureau
The following public holidays are celebrated throughout the U.S.
- It's easy to get around Las Vegas, either by foot or via public and private transportation.
- Taxi cabs are everywhere you look and public transportation is accessible by all.
- As of July 1, 2009, the new sales tax rose to 8.1%, an increase of 0.35%. Lawmakers voted for the increase to help balance the state's budget.
- Hotel sales tax in Las Vegas is 12%.
What To Pack
- Everything and anything goes in Las Vegas! Think function, style and comfort. Comfort is especially key . . . if you plan to do a lot of walking, skip the high heels! Be sure to pack a well-fitting walking shoe.
- As with any big city, keep your valuable close and carry a handbag that zips. Don't make yourself a target!