New Destination Right Ad Panel
Many things to do in La Jolla
- La Jolla is part of the city of San Diego, located just 10minutes from the city center along the beautiful coast.
- La Jolla has great weather year round, plenty of sunshine with mild, mediterranean weather.
- Shopping in La Jolla is a dream - both bargains and high end boutiques line the streets.
The Real Deal
- Looking for a tan? Black's Beach is the most secluded beach in La Jolla located north of Scripps Pier close to UCSD. Beware though, the north part of the beach is clothing-optional.
- La Jolla Cove is the most popular spot for swimming and diving, but because the water is protected, there is no surfing or booging boarding allowed.
- Beginning surfer's and family's will enjoy La Jolla shores, while experienced surfers will like the challenge of Windansea Beach.
- La Jolla has several attractions of it's own including a comedy club, symphony and play house. San Diego attractions like Sea World and the San Diego Zoo are just a short drive away.
Things to do in La Jolla
Named after the Spanish word for “The Jewel,” La Jolla is said to be the jewel of America’s finest city, San Diego. Located 15 minutes from downtown San Diego, La Jolla boasts some of the most beautiful coastlines of Southern California and the finest weather in the world. When in La Jolla, guests can enjoy big-city sophistication and a variety of art in the comfort and serenity of one of the most naturally relaxing beach communities in the world. An exquisite combination of a southern European resort atmosphere and Southern California fun, La Jolla is truly a city with something for everyone.
While La Jolla is known to be one of the most affluent communities in the United States, it has a down-to-earth feel due to the beautiful natural scenery and the goodwill of its residents. In addition to fine restaurants, spectacular beaches, hotels and art galleries, La Jolla is home to renowned institutions, such as the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and the Stephen Birch Aquarium & Museum, making this a great place to live, visit or do business.
La Jolla offers a varied selection of hotels, shopping, dining, events and attractions. The possibilities for adventure are as limitless as guests’ imaginations. From climbing high atop cliffs, teeing off on world-class golf courses to exploring caves, museums and various intriguing landmarks, guests will have plenty of opportunities for fun.
CA - San Diego, San Diego International-Lindbergh Field
- Broken clouds
- Temperature: 17 °C
- Wind: South-Southwest, 13 km/h
- Pressure: 1017 hPa
- Rel. Humidity: 72 %
- Visibility: 16.1 km
- The official currency in the United States is the U.S. dollar
- Pacific Standard Time, North America, UTC - 8 hours
- The official language of United States is English
- 120V 60 Hz
Best Time To Travel
Best Travel Time
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
- October – December
- Great year-round destination