New Destination Right Ad Panel
- Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks offer the valley endless natural wonders to explore.
- Summers in Jackson Hole offer endless ways to enjoy the outdoors: hiking, camping, whitewater rafting, golfing, horseback riding, fly fishing
- Winter entertainment options include outstanding local skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice skating, dog sledding and wildlife safaris
Plenty of things to do in Jackson Hole
The Real Deal
- Over 60 species of mammels, over 1000 species of birds and a half dozen game fish can be foudn in Jackson Hole/Yellowstone area.
- 97% of the land in Jackson Hole is federally or state owned
- Voted 2nd best place to live to ski by Powder Magazine in November 2010
Things to do in Jackson Hole
High in the Rockies, on the doorstep of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, the jagged peaks of Wyoming’s Teton Range rise abruptly over pristine forests, fast-running rivers and the broad, flat valley known as Jackson Hole. With the Grand Teton National Park occupying most of the valley, the awesome peaks of the Teton Mountains and the beautiful glacial lakes are preserved here. Wrapped in such splendor, this internationally celebrated year-round outdoor playground offers invigorating mountain air, exquisitely star-filled skies, and an astonishing profusion of wildlife. Winter’s deep snows offer powder skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing and dog sledding. Spring and summertime activities range from fishing to river rafting, rock climbing, horseback riding, kayaking, mountain biking, golfing and tennis.
Live theater and musical entertainment also thrive in Jackson Hole. Countless films, documentaries and outdoor commercials have made the most of the area’s magnificent alpine vistas, and many artists have moved here. Today, at least 30 art galleries flourish throughout the valley. The town of Jackson has a population of about 8,600, but many more come to experience the vast unspoiled wilderness and the romance of the Old West.
WY - Jackson, Jackson Hole Airport
- Scattered clouds
- Temperature: 12 °C
- Wind: West, 25.9 km/h, gusts up to 37 km/h
- Pressure: 1015 hPa
- Rel. Humidity: 50 %
- Visibility: 16.1 km
- The official currently of the United States is the U.S. dollar
- Mountain Standard Time, North America, UTC - 7 hours
- The official language of the United States is English
- 120V 60 Hz