New Destination Right Ad Panel
Plenty of things to do in Breckenridge in the summer or winter
- Breckenridge has 28 total lifts and 155 trails, the moutains vertical rise is 3,398ft.
- Breckenridge is small town (just around 3,500 residents) with a lot of sunshine - 300 days per year!
- Breckenridge is a historical town filled with 76 restaurants and 200 shops. It is only recomended for smaller groups, with only around 800 hotel beds total.
- Breckenridge has plenty of free transportation once you arrive. The Free RIde shuttle offers routes to the slopes, and Summit Stage offers routes to neighboring ski resorts and towns.
The Real Deal
- Make sure to visit the mountain for Ullr fest, the second week of January.
- Breckenridge in the summer is just as great as ski season. Visitors can mountain bike, pan for gems, bungee jump, horseback ride and much more. There is also a Fun Park for children of all ages.
- Breck Bike week is every July, cycling enthusiasts can enjoy races, viewing parties, demos and all things bike!
Things to do in Breckenridge
Recently celebrating its 150-year anniversary, the old mountain town of Breckenridge, Colorado offers visitors a host of swanky accommodations, delectable restaurants and a plethora of activities. Located in Summit County, just west of Denver, the former gold mining town is now one of the most popular ski resort towns in the state.
During the winter months, skiers and snowboarders flock to Breckenridge Ski Resort. With over 50% of the terrain designated as difficult or advanced and offering 30 lifts servicing four separate peaks and 155 trails providing a terrain for any skier, it’s no wonder why Breckenridge is such a hot ski destination. Travelers will discover there is no shortage of lodging and dining choices. This snowy ski town also hosts two Nordic Centers, a series of Nordic trails through town, and indoor and outdoor ice skating rinks to complete this truly magically winter wonderland.
Travelers visiting during the warmer months will discover a different set of exciting activities. Hikers and bikers can use the trails through town, take a lift up onto the mountain or explore the myriad of trails in the surrounding mountains. Fishing enthusiast can try for trout in the Blue River, which courses through town. The nearby Lake Dillon is the perfect spot for boaters to spend the day on the open waters. With the warmer weather, Breckenridge pulls out all the stops when they host a Summer Fun Park featuring an alpine slide. Additional activities such as golfing, horseback riding, rock climbing and more ensure something for everyone.
There is plenty to draw the less active as well. Breckenridge boasts a fantastic art district that all travelers will definitely want to check out. With its outdoor, pedestrian-friendly quarter, visitors can stroll along taking in the sensational outdoor art, galleries and open studios. Those looking to dabble in the arts can participant in workshops and demonstrations put on by the local artists. A stop at one of the array of restaurants and bars along the way will be the perfect touch to a wonderful day in beautiful Breckenridge.
Breckenridge features various museums for all those history buffs. Tours through the Iowa Hill Hydraulic Placer Mine take visitors back in history, and the town itself offers two self-guided historic walking tours.
CO - Aspen, Aspen-Pitkin County Airport
- Few clouds
- Temperature: 23 °C
- Wind: South, 29.6 km/h, gusts up to 40.7 km/h
- Pressure: 1016 hPa
- Rel. Humidity: 12 %
- Visibility: 16.1 km
- Mountain Daylight Time, North America, UTC - 6 hours
Best Time To Travel
Best Travel Time
- January – March
- The ski season is typically November 11th through April 22nd (weather permitting)