New Destination Right Ad Panel
- This world-class Colorado mountain town is known for its eclectic mix of arts, cultural, sports and entertainment
- Unbelievable skiing at Buttermilk, Aspen Mountain and Snowmass
- From biking, hiking and horseback riding to golfing, fishing and sightseeing, fantastic outdoor activities during the summer and fall!
- Great shopping for boutique jewelry, handicrafts, designer clothes, and antiques
- Many dining options are available, appealing to the most discriminating palates!
- The cosmopolitan nightlife enables guests to dance the night away!
- Terrific weather - Colorado boasts of more than 300 days of annual sunshine
- Aspen and the surrounding areas is homes to numerous attractions, amusement parks, zoos and aquariums
- Beverage connoisseurs will enjoy the numerous local breweries and wineries located throughout the state
The Real Deal
- Take it slowly when you arrive in Denver. Consider spending the night in Denver to help you adjust to the change in altitude
- Beware of altitude sickness; it can hit quickly. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids. Consult your doctor immediate if you begin experience symptoms
- Many restaurants and shops close in early October until Thanksgiving
- Watch for reseeding of golf courses during the spring and fall
There are countless things to do in Aspen year round
Things to do in Aspen
As you climb the Rocky Mountains west of Denver, pine forests line the road and the legendary Colorado scenes of white-powder skiing, alpine scenery and the great outdoors begins. Skiers and nature buffs, many of whom also enjoy the area’s sophisticated dining and lodging options, have colonized towns once ruled by rough-and-tumble mining interests.
Aspen, Colorado, sits at an elevation of approximately 7,900 feet on the Roaring Fork River. It is a stylish resort town, famous for its winter skiing and its summer cultural events. Founded in 1879 by prospectors during the silver boom and named for the famous aspen in its midst, the town became a modern resort destination in the widespread development that followed World War II. Visitors to Aspen find a rugged western elegance surrounded by colorful Victorian buildings, parks, flowers, fountains and music.
Today Aspen is a playground for the rich and famous, the outdoor sports enthusiast and nature lovers alike. Stylish upscale boutiques, art galleries, museums, hotels and restaurants are now a part of this old silver mining town. Cultural activities include such well-known events as The Janus Jazz Aspen Festival, the Aspen Filmfest and Aspen Music Festival.
Aspen – cozy and snug in winter, cool and carefree in summer and ablaze with the color of the Roaring Fork Valley in the spring and fall. It’s simply a resort for all seasons.
CO - Aspen, Aspen-Pitkin County Airport
- Clear sky
- Temperature: 13 °C
- Wind: South, 13 km/h
- Pressure: 1017 hPa
- Rel. Humidity: 30 %
- Visibility: 16.1 km
- The currency in the United States is the U.S. dollar
- Mountain Daylight Time, North America, UTC - 6 hours
- The official language of the United States is English
- 120V 60 Hz
Best Time To Travel
Best Travel Time
- January – March
- July – September
- October – December
- Aspen is a great year-round destination
- Best time to ski: February
- Summer months offer value rates
Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Visitors have more than 100 bars and restaurants from which to choose in the Aspen/Snowmass area
- Dining options available to fit every taste and pocketbook
- Highly recommend reservations during high seasons (December - March)
- Public transportation is terrific; it's convenient and sometimes complimentary
- Free shuttles provide transportation to/from downtown destinations and the ski resorts during ski season from dawn until after midnight
- If renting a car, it could be tricky finding a parking space in Aspen during ski season
- Sales tax in Aspen is 9% on all goods and services
- Aspen's lodging tax is 10% per room per night
- Plan to tip 15-20%, depending on the type of service you receive
What To Pack
- Whatever the season, be sure to pack comfortable shoes and a warm jacket